Baby Hazel Nursery Rhymes

Nursery Rhymes - Where Have All The Traditional Ones Gone?

Likely, have a toddler or two running around creating havoc if you are reading this article you also. I'm here to redress the situation if, like me, you are wondering where all the conventional Wheels On The Bus Nursery Rhymes have gone to!
I assume that you remember them sung with different emphasis, in a certain manner and stresses on specific keywords. You cannot forget the melodies either - hopeless! In fact a lot of tunes are reused on multiple nursery rhymes for example Twinkle Twinkle has the exact same melody as the A, B, C Song and Baa Baa Black Sheep.

So you could imagine my horror when recently, when I was attempting to amuse my youngest daughter (15 months old) with some videos on YouTube and almost not one of the aforementioned children' tunes were as I recalled! Was my memory that is poor to blame here? I needed to show my baby all of the nursery rhymes that I'd grown up with, as did my own mother/father and theirs too. I used to be stunned (or should that read "shocked"?) To observe how awful that is disastrously the vast majority of the online videos were. I mean they were extremely dreadful! At best, some were genuinely laugh out loud, but also for all of the wrong reasons(!) and at worst some were downright frightening and maybe not even suitable for young children. Perhaps the proportion of great:inferior quality was around 1:40! Additionally I noticed that all of the YouTube nursery rhyme videos had very long intros - 20, 30 or even more seconds of pre ambling material, promotions and other irrelevant content before actually commencing the main subject. I probably don't need to tell you beloved parent, that even only 20 seconds can appears like an amazingly long time when you have a somewhat bored and wriggling baby on your lap!
Not only are the sites and cartoons chiefly of a remarkably poor quality lyrics and the particular songs as the first language of the singer/firm was frequently not truly English themselves were quite generally wrong. Where had all the nursery rhymes that were real gone I wondered? There was really little on-line resources that mirrored my childhood memories. "Twinkle Twinkle Little Star" had now become "Dwingle Dwingle" and also the little boy from Baa Baa Black Sheep now lived in the lane (whatever that means!)
It is significant that we do not lose our traditional songs to the unrelenting technological changes that allow anyone to upload any content they like to the web. It's important that we pass our playground songs on precisely and that high standards are adhered to. I urge one to check out several of the nursery rhyme videos for yourself to see how awful they have become. You cringe at others and will laugh at some but you also will feel the misery of your childhood memories becoming disoriented, after the initial laughter has died down. How many views where it appears in the search results or a video has received regrettably doesn't give any sign of quality. Thus, ignore the bad and how to locate the stuff that is great?
Utilize the nursery rhyme's full name - i.e. "Twinkle Twinkle Little Star" is preferable to "Twinkle Twinkle" and use speech marks around name. Adding the word "British" or "English" can really help Click search alternatives and under "Features" (far right) click High definition. Inspired by having less quality nursery rhyme videos available and without any previous experience, I gathered a team of people: myself, husband and 2 daughters(!), to come up using a solution. It was great pleasure (also high-priced!) and at times it was quite nerve-racking endeavor managing a remote team of animators, but we're hugely pleased with the final result. Our hope and dream will be to create more of these conventional nursery rhyme animations and upload them to all YouTube so that they become a free resource for one and all. Our Facebook Page.

Reacties

Populaire posts van deze blog